8 Hour Comprehensive SAFE Online CE
Approved Course Number - 7905
Course Cost $99 + Banking Fees at $1.50/Course Hour = $111
This online course is designed to meet your 7 hour SAFE Act continuing education Federal requirements and your 1 your SAFE Act elective continuing education Federal requirements. These two courses combine for 8 hours of training.
7 Hour SAFE Core online CE course and 1 Hour SAFE Elective
This year The Knowledge Coop will walk you through an overview of NMLS-approved topics, but of course, we take a fresh and investigative approach to the information. As lending guidelines slacken, Non-Prime lending picks up, and uncertainty of industry futures increase we will challenge you to know the regulations, think ethically through the day to day, and build a trustworthy business that you can be proud of.
In this class you will learn:
- The problems facing the FHA and possible policy approaches that could help fix them.
- How RESPA, TILA, and ECOA define and address applications and how to handle the requirements of each.
- The risks involved with the increasing number of sub-prime loans being done and how to mitigate those risks.
- How to keep your advertising compliant, including a look at Marketing Service Agreements.
- The importance of information security for lenders in the age of the dark web.
- How consumer privacy laws apply to your business and how to protect borrower’s private information.
- IT risk management recommendations from the FFIEC.
- How to spot suspicious activity and stay compliant with the Red Flags Rule and the Bank Secrecy Act.
1-Hour SAFE CE Elective 2018 Online
This year The Knowledge Coop will walk you through an overview of NMLS-approved topics, but of course, we take a fresh and investigative approach to the information.
In this class you will learn about:
- The state of the housing market, using the Case-Schiller index to gain insight.
- How available equity might shape the lending world in the near future.
- The impact that recent tax reforms have had on the mortgage industry.
- What we can learn from recent borrower behaviors and the Consumer Confidence index.
- The new URLA and HMDA box and how it might impact us in 2019.
- Changes at the CFPB and what that means for the industry.
- Regulatory hot topics to watch out for.
- Your responsibility as an MLO in 2018 and beyond.
Meet Your Instructor
Ken Perry is the President and founder of The Knowledge Coop, a training and consulting firm that specializes in mortgage, real estate, and finance education. As a 16 year veteran of the mortgage industry, Ken’s vast interactions training mortgage professionals inspired him to pursue his dream of bringing positive change to the mortgage industry on a much larger scale. The Knowledge Coop is an approved course provider of the National Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) and brings a unique, not-what-you-expect style of education to its clients by mixing passion and humor with extreme knowledge.
If you choose not to purchase the NMLS banking fee option your completed continuing education courses WILL NOT be submitted to the NMLS which could prevent you from renewing your license.