Course Cost $99 + Banking Fees at $1.50/Course Hour = $111
This online course is designed to meet your 7 hour SAFE Act continuing education Federal requirements and your 1 your SAFE Act elective continuing education Federal requirements. These two courses combine for 8 hours of training.
7 Hour SAFE Core online CE course and 1 Hour SAFE Elective
7-Hour SAFE Core CE 2017 Online
This year The Knowledge Coop takes a crack at envisioning a new mortgage industry. We’ll analyze the status quo and identify the issues we’ve seen when companies grow too fast - damaging culture and causing consumer harm. Then we’ll create a plan for a new industry, one that reaches out to all groups to provide credit to everybody who qualifies. This course includes:
- A discussion of the Multistate Mortgage Committee (MMC).
- An overview of unfair deceptive acts and practices (UDAAPs).
- Insights about the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA).
- Attention to increased licensed activity and loan originator production splits.
- Updates on the state of the real estate and credit markets.
- Need-to-knows about the Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA).
- A consideration of “Ability to Repay” (ATR) and “Qualified Mortgage” (QM) standards according to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB).
- Case Studies on topics such as compliance, ethics, the False Claims Act, and “redlining.”
- An explanation of the changes to the Uniform Residential Loan Application (URLA) and the Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA).
- An examination of Nontraditional/VA Lending.
- A look at appraiser independence requirements.
- A challenge to make the world a better place through your work.
As always, the class has been developed by poring through the most recent data available and diving deep into solutions-based content with plenty of interesting case studies presented by the Sons of Compliance!
1-Hour SAFE Elective CE 2017 Online
For the 1 Hour Elective this year we deep dive into Home Equity Conversion Mortgages (HECMs) formerly known as a “Reverse Mortgages.’ This course includes:
- A discussion of adjustable rate mortgages, both forward and reverse
- An explanation of qualifying buyers.
- A look at the advantages of an HECM.
- A consideration of ethical communication around HECMs.
- A conversation about borrower understanding, counseling, and disclosures.
We interview Dan Turner who is a HECM specialist who originates only reverse products. We think this is a very intriguing interview. You will finish the class with a greater appreciation and some tools to use for your own further study.
Meet Your Instructor
Ken Perry is the President and founder of The Knowledge Coop, a training and consulting firm that specializes in mortgage, real estate, and finance education. As a 16 year veteran of the mortgage industry, Ken’s vast interactions training mortgage professionals inspired him to pursue his dream of bringing positive change to the mortgage industry on a much larger scale. The Knowledge Coop is an approved course provider of the National Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) and brings a unique, not-what-you-expect style of education to its clients by mixing passion and humor with extreme knowledge.