Approved Course Number - 10070
Course Cost $19.00 + Banking Fees at $1.50/Course Hour = $20.50
This online course is designed to meet your 1 hour SAFE Act continuing education requirements for the state of Minnesota. You will also need to complete the federal SAFE Act requirements to maintain your license.
1-Hour MN SAFE CE 2018 Online
This year The Knowledge Coop will walk you through an overview of NMLS-approved topics but, of course, we take a fresh and investigative approach to the information.
The learning objectives for this class are:
- Summarize the Minnesota Residential Mortgage Originator and Servicing Licensing Act.
- Explain Minnesota law on the lending authority of financial institutions related to residential mortgage lending.
- Illustrate the requirements for proper advertising standards that should include social media and company/MLO webpages.
- Outline the mortgage broker duties and an agency relationship with a borrower.
- Know the interest rate and discount point agreements and net tangible benefit analysis to borrowers.
- Restate Minnesota specific definitions, such as residential real property.
- Know fee and charges permitted.
- Discuss the authority of the Minnesota Department of Commerce to conduct examinations and investigations.
Meet Your Instructors
Ken Perry is the President and founder of The Knowledge Coop, a training and consulting firm that specializes in mortgage, real estate, and finance education. As a 16 year veteran of the mortgage industry, Ken’s vast interactions training mortgage professionals inspired him to pursue his dream of bringing positive change to the mortgage industry on a much larger scale. The Knowledge Coop is an approved course provider of the National Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) and brings a unique, not-what-you-expect style of education to its clients by mixing passion and humor with extreme knowledge.
Nathan Knottingham entered the mortgage industry May of 2007 as a Mortgage Loan Originator in Oregon. He built his business as a loan officer in a private brokerage while the industry was changing just as fast as he was learning. But those years were some of his favorite and even though he had to leave the industry to support the family he found a passion and love for policy, training, and leadership in the Mortgage industry.
After serving as the President/CEO for the McMinnville Area Chamber of Commerce Nathan joined The Knowledge Coop as the Director of Content Development in August of 2016. His passion, public speaking, and love for people make him a great addition to the Coop!