Course Cost $39.00 + Banking Fees at $1.50/Course Hour = $43.50
This online course is designed to meet your 3 hour SAFE Act continuing education requirements the state of New York. You will also need to complete the federal SAFE Act requirements to maintain your license.
3-Hour NY SAFE CE 2017 Online
This year we use some very current New York Case Studies to articulate laws around advertising, proper licenses, reporting, and the BIG change on everyone’s mind - Cybersecurity Requirement for Financial Services Companies. Get ready for a deep dive into current actions that the Regulators of New York are acting on in this great new class! This course includes:
- An introduction to the Department of Financial Services.
- A deep dive into an enforcement action concerning advertising regulation, the powers of the Superintendent, penalties, record retention requirements, why websites are equivalent to street addresses, and what it can cost if you do it wrong.
- A case study that will help you understand whether you have the right license and why your title and your advertisements need to match your actual license exactly.
- An overview of reporting and how New York regulations will save you money by keeping you out of costly Settlement Agreements.
- A breakdown of New York’s new regulation enacted for March 1, 2017: The Cybersecurity Requirements for Financial Services Companies and how it is shaking financial markets.
Meet Your Instructor
Ken Perry is the President and founder of The Knowledge Coop, a training and consulting firm that specializes in mortgage, real estate, and finance education. As a 16 year veteran of the mortgage industry, Ken’s vast interactions training mortgage professionals inspired him to pursue his dream of bringing positive change to the mortgage industry on a much larger scale. The Knowledge Coop is an approved course provider of the National Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) and brings a unique, not-what-you-expect style of education to its clients by mixing passion and humor with extreme knowledge.