Approved Course Number - 13714
Provider ID - 1400023
Course Cost $19.00 + Banking Fees at $1.50/Course Hour = $20.50
This online course is designed to meet your 1 hour SAFE Act continuing education requirements the state of North Carolina. You will also need to complete the federal SAFE Act requirements to maintain your license.
1-Hour NC SAFE CE 2022 Online
•Know when to provide the attorney insurance preference form to consumers and ascertain the consumer’s preference as required by S.C. Code Ann. § 37-10-102.
• Identify where NMLS ID numbers are required on documentation as required by S.C. Code Ann. § 37-22-110, et seq. and S.C. Code Ann. § 40-58-10, et seq.
• Understand how to comply with required provisions of S.C. Code Ann. § 37-22- 140(K) when licensed mortgage lenders act as a mortgage broker.
• Explain how to disclose fees properly on mortgage broker fee agreement and the timeline in which the mortgage broker fee agreement must be provided (S.C. Code Ann. § 40-58-75).
• Understand the consequences associated with failure to properly sign application forms.
• Articulate the requirements associated with the disclosure that identifies the agency designated to receive complaints or inquiries from the consumer (S.C. Code Ann. § 37-23-70).
• Describe how state law is different from federal law regarding prohibited activities and mortgage broker fee agreement (S.C. Code Ann. § 40-58-70, 75 & 78; S.C. Code Ann. § 37-22-190).
• Understand the mortgage log requirement (S.C. Code Ann. § 37-22-210; S.C. Code Ann. § 40-58-65).
• Examine case studies and real life examples and compare them to North Carolina state laws.
• Cover North Carolina specific mortgage and SAFE Act laws.
Meet Your Instructors