Course Cost $29.00 + Banking Fees at $1.50/Course Hour = $32
This online course is designed to meet your 2 hour SAFE Act continuing education requirements the state of Oregon. You will also need to complete the federal SAFE Act requirements to maintain your license.
2-Hour OR SAFE CE 2017 Online
This year, The Knowledge Coop brings you an in-depth look at what’s going on at the State of Oregon through interviews with Kirsten Anderson, the Licensing Manager for the Division of Financial Regulation Oregon Department of Consumer and Business Services and outgoing Chair of the Multi-state Mortgage Committee and Joyce Pierce, Compliance Specialist for the Division of Financial Regulation.
- An overview of the changes in the Department of Consumer and Business Services (DCBS) and the Division of Financial Regulation (DFR).
- An explanation of licensing and exemption changes in Oregon.
- A discussion about why you should talk to your regulator when they call.
- A how-to on reporting to the examiner and how the multi-state mortgage committee (MMC) examiners are trained.
- A background on the multi-state exam.
- Insights on why updating policy documents is important and how to get it done.
- A look at a company’s management role in examinations and compliance and the difference between boards, individuals, and companies.
- An examination of communication structures and activities including mobile and online.
- Need-to-knows about lead generations and Marketing Services Agreements (MSAs).
- A look at common issues and complaints received in Oregon and how they are handled.
Meet Your Instructor
Ken Perry is the President and founder of The Knowledge Coop, a training and consulting firm that specializes in mortgage, real estate, and finance education. As a 16 year veteran of the mortgage industry, Ken’s vast interactions training mortgage professionals inspired him to pursue his dream of bringing positive change to the mortgage industry on a much larger scale. The Knowledge Coop is an approved course provider of the National Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) and brings a unique, not-what-you-expect style of education to its clients by mixing passion and humor with extreme knowledge.